TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Travel Tribe, LLC ("Travel Tribe") Web site located at www.traveltribe.com ("Site"). The following terms and conditions ("Terms") govern your use of this Site. By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms, that you agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, or if you are under 18 years of age, you are not granted permission to use this Site and must exit immediately. The Site must not be used by children under 13 years of age.
- Registration and Use of the Site
- Travel Expert and Travel Supplier Services
- Tribal Rules of Conduct
- Proprietary Rights
- Unauthorized Activities
- Materials Submitted to the Site
- Third Party Web Sites and Content
- Privacy Statement
- Internet Security
- Complaint Procedures
- Changes to these Terms; Termination
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1. Registration and Use of the Site. The Site may allow you to access certain content, services, products or benefits, including setting up a tribe on the Site (a "Member"). Alternatively, the Site may allow you to provide expert advice and travel consulting services (a "Travel Expert"), or to promote travel products and/or services on the Site (a "Travel Supplier"). As part of the registration process, you must select your visitor status on the Site, (i.e., as a Member, Travel Expert or Travel Supplier) when register and create an account. You must click to agree to these Terms, which incorporate by reference the Tribal Rules of Conduct and will then be asked to select a user name and password. You may be required to provide Travel Tribe with certain information about yourself including some types of personally identifying information such as your name, email and location. You are fully responsible for your account, including use of the account by any third party (including any of your employees or agents) and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
2. Travel Expert and Travel Supplier Services. Travel Experts are travel agents and individuals who may provide expertise and advice for Members gathering travel information, including determining the availability of certain travel-related services and assisting with making travel reservations on your behalf. Travel Suppliers generally provide travel, accommodations, excursions, cruises and similar travel-related products and services. As set forth in Section 9, your interaction with any Travel Experts, Travel Suppliers, Members, users (registered or unregistered), individuals, organizations, entities or any other third parties found on or through the Site, including the payment and delivery of any travel products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, is solely between you and such individual or organization. Unless otherwise specifically stated, Travel Experts and Travel Suppliers are not employees, agents, independent contractors, subcontractors, consultants or involved in any employment relationship with Travel Tribe, nor is Travel Tribe, an agent of any Travel Expert or Travel Supplier. If you are an employee of Travel Tribe or otherwise receive any compensation or other consideration and offer any opinion or other endorsement on the Site, you must disclose such relationship and compensation in a clear and conspicuous manner, such as stating "I am an employee or representative of Travel Tribe." Travel Tribe does not endorse or recommend the products or services of a particular Travel Expert or Travel Supplier and Travel Tribe makes no guarantees, warranties or representations regarding any Travel Expert or Travel Supplier located on the Site or the quality of the products or services provided by a Travel Expert or Travel Supplier. Travel Tribe may reject any Travel Expert or Travel Supplier registration for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason. Travel Tribe is in no way responsible for any products or services requested by you through the Site, or from a Travel Expert or Travel Supplier whose information was obtained through the Site. Any agreement entered into between you and a Travel Expert or Travel Supplier is independent of Travel Tribe and the terms and rights of such agreement is your sole responsibility. Should you have a dispute with a Travel Expert, Travel Supplier or another Member, you must address such dispute with that specific individual or entity and any resolution is independent of Travel Tribe and the Site. It is your individual responsibility to make any investigation that you feel may be necessary or appropriate before entering into any online or offline transaction with a Travel Expert, Travel Supplier, any registered user of the Site, or any third party. Travel Experts, Travel Suppliers and users of the Site may use the online feedback system, and the messaging function
Travel Suppliers may pay a fee to Travel Tribe in order to place advertisements and promotions on the Site, at an amount to be determined at Travel Tribe's discretion and in accordance with any of Travel Tribe's advertising guidelines or as set forth in a separate agreement between Travel Tribe and its Travel Suppliers, including that Travel Tribe will determine the size, placement and positioning of such advertisements. Travel Tribe cannot control how users will interact with advertisements on the Site and will not be responsible for any "clicking" fraud or other improper actions that affect that cost of running advertisements on the Site. Travel Tribe may reject or remove an advertisement at any time and for any reason.
Travel Suppliers may offer a discount to any Members of the Site, at an amount to be determined at the Travel Supplier's discretion. A Travel Supplier must advise such Members and customers of any applicable terms and conditions relating to such purchases. Travel Tribe may suspend or terminate a Travel Expert's or Travel Supplier's account or its ability to use any services on the Site for failure to comply with these Terms, for providing Travel Tribe with untrue or inaccurate information about itself, its organization, or its products or services, for infringement upon Travel Tribe proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
3. Tribal Rules of Conduct. As a Member, Travel Expert or Travel Supplier on the Site, in addition to the other restrictions set forth herein, including Section 5 and Section 6, you agree that you will not:
(a) post content that imposes an unreasonable amount of material on the system or is in an irrelevant, inappropriate or unsolicited category or area on the Site, including posting competing prices or making price offers in Member posts not looking for pricing information;
(b) use the Site if you are not able to contract, are under the age of 18, or are suspended from the Site;
(c) post negative comments about any other Travel Expert, Travel Supplier or the Travel Tribe community at large, "bump" posts or take any action that could undermine any ratings or the messaging systems;
(d) engage in any unlawful multi-level marketing activities, including a pyramid scheme;
(e) solicit login information or access an account belonging to other Member;
(f) provide false personal information or create an account for anyone other than yourself or transfer your account to someone else without Travel Tribe's permission;
(g) create more than one personal account;
(h) create another account without Travel Tribe's permission, if Travel Tribe disabled your current account;
(i) offer any contests, sweepstakes, games of chance or giveaways without Travel Tribe's prior written consent;
(j) fail to disclose any relationship you may have with Travel Tribe should you be paid by Travel Tribe as an employee, blogger or the like for your comments on the Site; or
(j) post anyone else's identifying documents or sensitive financial information on the Site.
4. Proprietary Rights. As between any user and Travel Tribe, Travel Tribe owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components, audio clips, video clips, software and software concepts and documentation and other material on, in or made available through the Site ("Site Material"), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the Site Material. All Site Material is protected pursuant to United States copyright, trademark, patent and other applicable laws. You agree not to remove or alter any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice on any Site Materials. As between any user and Travel Tribe, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to Travel Tribe or its affiliates, licensors, or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site, other than the right to use the Site in accordance with these Terms.
5. Unauthorized Activities. You agree that you will not use the Site for (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any laws (including import, export and copyright laws); (b) modifying, adapting or hacking into the Site or for modifying another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Travel Tribe; (c) uploading, posting, hosting, or transmitting unsolicited email, SMSs, "spam" messages, worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature; (d) contacting any other user of the Site who has requested not to be contacted; (e) stalking or harassing anyone; or (f) attempting to gain unauthorized access to Travel Tribe' computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any services provided through the Site. You further agree not to modify, distribute, copy, exchange, disseminate, archive, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, retransmit, publish by hard copy or electronic means, adapt, edit, compile or create derivative works of the Site Material or otherwise use the Site Material in any way for any purpose without prior written approval from Travel Tribe. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site Material could cause irreparable harm to Travel Tribe and that in the event of such unauthorized use, Travel Tribe shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
6. Materials Submitted to the Site. The Site allows you to contribute content, information, text, files, graphics, personal listings, messages, reviews, notes, postings, and other materials and information for access, use, and commentary by other users to the Site ("User Content"). Failure to comply with these Terms, including the Tribal Rules of Conduct, may result in immediate removal of any User Content. By posting User Content, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the Site and all other persons and entities will not (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation; (c) be defamatory, libelous or trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing; (d) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise imply an affiliate with a person or entity or is generally false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative or constitutes a "bait and switch"; (e) be obscene, child pornographic, or indecent; (f) violate any community or Internet standard; (g) contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or personal information, or that facilitate or enable such or that are intended to do any of the foregoing; (h) constitute misappropriation of any trade secret or know-how; or (i) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party.
Upon your submission of User Content or any other material or information to Travel Tribe, you grant Travel Tribe a worldwide, perpetual, non-terminable, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license to access, use, distribute, perform, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, and to permit others to access, use, distribute, perform, reproduce, display, modify and create derivative works based upon the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. Travel Tribe may refuse to post or remove User Content from the Site that violates any of the warranties provided in the preceding paragraph or for any reason. Travel Tribe shall not be responsible for changes, modifications, or removal of any User Content that you submit to the Site. If you believe that any content or postings on the Site violate your intellectual property or other rights, please follow our Complaint Procedure in Section 13 of these Terms.
7. Third Party Web Sites and Content. The Site is available for informational purposes only. As set forth in Section 2 and Section 6, parties other than Travel Tribe may provide products, services or content on the Site. Additionally, the Site contains links to other Internet Web sites for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest, such as links to the web sites of Travel Suppliers. Use of the Site and the Site Materials and any other material or content on and made available through the Site is entirely at your own risk. Travel Tribe does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party sites or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. Your use of third parties' websites is at your own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other websites. Travel Tribe does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third party website or advertised on the Site. You understand that Travel Tribe may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Privacy Statement. Any personal information that you provide to Travel Tribe on the Site is subject to our Privacy Statement. For more information, click here to view the Privacy Statement, which is incorporated into these Terms by reference, as if set forth fully herein. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Travel Tribe via the Site or Internet electronic mail cannot be guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name. Alternatively, you may contact Travel Tribe by regular mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (866) 211-8883.
9. Disclaimer. Travel Tribe, its subsidiaries, and affiliates are not responsible for and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Site Material, User Content, links, advertisements or other items contained within the Site. Travel Tribe reserves the right to immediately remove any Site Material or User Content for any reason or for no reason. Travel Tribe cannot and does not review all communications made on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any User Content, Site Material, the Site or the products or services made available in connection with the Site, including registration information or profile information for a Member, Travel Agent, Travel Supplier, or information posted to the ratings and messaging features at any time, with or without notice in its sole discretion. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of Site Material or User Content and that you may not rely on such Site Material or User Content. Travel Tribe recommends that travelers review any applicable travel prohibitions, warnings and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to any destinations. Such information may be found at the following third party websites: www.state.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.faa.gov, www.customs.gov and www.cdc.gov.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS AND USER CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON, IN, AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, AND THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON AND IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS." USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH TRAVEL EXPERTS AND TRAVEL SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE CERTAIN TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS OR ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEMBERS AND USERS, TRAVEL TRIBE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATION IS SAFE, ADVISABLE, OR WITH RISK, AND TRAVEL TRIBE IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM SUCH TRAVEL.
TRAVEL TRIBE AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON AND IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ACCURACY, INCLUDING ANY INACCURACIES RELATING TO ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE REGARDING HOTELS AND AMENITIES, AIRFARE, CRUISES, CAR OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION, PRICING, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND GENERAL PRODUCT AND SERVICE DESCRIPTIONS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL USER CONTENT, THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, AND THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON AND IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
10. Liability. TRAVEL TRIBE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON AND IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING YOUR RELIANCE UPON OPINIONS APPEARING ON THE SITE), REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR TRAVEL TRIBE HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF TRAVEL TRIBE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS ON, IN, AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR PRODUCTS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE PRECEDING YEAR FOR USE OF THE SITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF TRAVEL TRIBE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the Site, or with any of these Terms, or feel Travel Tribe has breached these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
11. Indemnification. You shall indemnify Travel Tribe and its members, managers, directors, officers, employees, agents, supplier, contractors and licensors ("Travel Tribe Indemnitees") against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings ("Claims") arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and your use of the Site or services obtained through the Site, your fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, the User Content, the Site Materials, the services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, (except to the extent attributable to Travel Tribe), or any breach by you of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold Travel Tribe Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and attorneys' disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such Claims. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of Travel Tribe.
Travel Tribe or its licensors may assume the defense of any Claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any Claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If Travel Tribe or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, you shall have the right to defend the Claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to Travel Tribe, subject to the right of Travel Tribe to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defense of any Claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
12. Internet Security. Travel Tribe uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. Travel Tribe will use reasonable commercial efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within our reasonable control. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Travel Tribe via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
13. Complaint Procedures. If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please send to Travel Tribe at email@example.com a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your e-mail address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: "The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message."
14. Changes to these Terms. Travel Tribe reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update these Terms and the date of the most recent version will appear on this page. Although Travel Tribe will post a notice of any such changes, it is your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine if there have been any changes to these Terms and to review such changes. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. Travel Tribe reserves the right to terminate your access to this Site with or without notice in the event that you violate these Terms, for any reason whatsoever or for no reason.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Travel Tribe with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without reference to its conflict of law rules; provided, however, that the terms of any applicable law now or hereafter enacted that is based on, derived from, similar to, or connected with the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act drafted by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws shall not apply except to the extent that the law expressly prohibits alteration by these terms of the applicability of one or more sections of the law. BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, OR USING THE SERVICES, WORKS, CONTENT, OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, YOU CONSENT AND AGREE TO (A) THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN BURLINGTON COUNTY, NEW JERSEY; (B) ACCEPT SERVICE OF PROCESS BY PERSONAL DELIVERY OR MAIL; AND (C) IRREVOCABLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND ANY JURISDICTIONAL AND VENUE DEFENSES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE.
16. Miscellaneous. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, Travel Tribe makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, User Content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. You may not acquire goods, services or software through the Site if: (a) you are in, under the control of, or a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria or if you are on the United States of America Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the United States of America Commerce Department's Denied Persons List, Unverified List or Entity List; or (b) you intended to supply the acquired goods, services or software to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria (or a national or resident of one of those countries) or to a person on the Specially Designated Nationals List, Unverified List or Entity List. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of Travel Tribe to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words "includes" and "including" and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words "without limitation."
If you would like to send written communication to our offices, please send to:
593 Rancocas Road
Westampton, NJ 08060
Dated: December 20, 2010
Copyright (c) Travel Tribe LLC; All rights reserved.